These books are very helpful.
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy David D. Burns, MD
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work John M. Gottman & Nan Silver
- The Recovery Book
One of the best recovery reference books out there. The Recovery Book is an excellent guide to assist those who are in recovery with many common questions. It provides both practical information and is easily read. I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Mooney in 1994. He is as friendly and down to earth as his book. The Recovery Book has become a classic in the field.
- The Parents Pipeline Guide: Plain Talk About Teens
The Parents Pipeline Guide: Plain Talk About Teens and Alcohol, Drugs, Sex, Eating Disorders and Depression. Provides detailed information and tips for parents. Great resource.
- Fighting Invisible Tigers: A Stress Management Guide
- It's not fair, Jeremy Spencer's parents let him stay up all night! A Guide to the Tougher Parts of Parenting.
- Now That You Know: A Parents' Guide to Understanding Their Gay and Lesbian Children
- The Stop Walking on Eggshells Workbook:
- Stop Walking On Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Body for Life: 12 Weeks to Mental and Physical Strength
- Quit and Stay Quit: A Personal Program to Stop Smoking.
A great practical guide to giving up cigarettes. This book provides step by step instruction to quit smoking. It is easy to read and identifies practical exercises to assist in smoking cessation.
- Keep Quit! - A Motivational Guide to a Life Without Smoking
- Facing Love Addiction: Giving Yourself the Power to Change the Way You Love.
For those who struggle with losing themselves in intimate relationships. I recommend this book for those who are struggling with keeping boundaries in relationships. If your life revolves around another, this book will help you to identify some of your pitfalls and how to get back on your feet. Pia Mellody is deservedly well respected in the field.
- Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others
- Codependent No More: Beyond Codependency
- Get Out of My Life, but First Could You Drive Me and Cheryl to the Mall: A Parent's Guide to the New Teenager
- Women Who Love Too Much
This is a great book for those that find themselves always with the wrong man (distant, emotionally unavailable, addicted, moody) but have difficulty leaving.
- Dangerous Drugs: An Easy to Use Reference for Pare
- Driven To Distraction: Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder
For those who need more information on Attention Deficit Disorder.
- The Bipolar Child: The Definitive and Reassuring Guide to Childhood's Most Misunderstood Disorder
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
Despite the over-publicity of the title, this book really does explain communication differences between the sexes and can be helpful for relationships.
- After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding
Excellent book to help those struggling after an affair. Janis is an excellent speaker, I recommend attending any of her workshops.
- When Parents Love Too Much : Freeing Parents and Children to Live Their Own Lives
An excellent book for parents who are drowning in conflict with their teen. If you are frequently arguing with your teen and feel you are beginning to drown, this book is for you. It identifies tips for gaining control of the situation.